Saturday, August 27, 2011

gettin crafty.

I think I've decided that I want to become crafty.


The thought is.. I see so many cute home decor items, and dresses and skirts that if I just learned to sew and craft a little they can be mine for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention, my wardrobe would nearly quadruple.

My sister sews, somewhat. So I'm thinking there isn't much to it. Of course, I do need a sewing machine, patterns, fabric, and all the stuff that come with it.

I'm googling around and finding some simple dresses (or so I think) that might be right up my alley.




..ok, so google searches for easy to sew dresses and easy to make dresses proved insufficient for photos. Maybe for now we'll just stick with crafting.


I'm dying to make a ribbon wreath.






It was def. much easier to look up online, but I would love to do one in garnet and black for the Fall, or just a fun fall colored one. Speaking of wreaths, Christmas will be here fast...119 days.. to be exact. For our front door I know we will be putting a wreath on it, do we go live and just add simple touches, or fake and get one that is done all up to save for years to come??

I'm also starting to gather ideas for table and mantle decor.








Then comes the china, we have Fiestware that I love, but I am searching for something to bring it into the holiday season as well. Maybe some place mats and napkin rings!??? Or do I start early and pick out yet another pattern. It's not like we'll be hosting any large family meals for a good 10 years. Am I crazy for already thinking about the holidays.

We determined about a week back we will be going with a LIVE tree!! YAYY!! I hope that I can talk Mr. P into a day trip to the mountains to pick one out.

Ok so back to crafting..

I've considered doing a canvas for our kitchen with a bible verse on it or something to make it feel more homey. I'm not one for self done art on the walls (don't tell the hubby) but I would love it if I could rework a few things to at least give our visitors the impression that adults live here.

What other fun crafts are there that I can do for cheap!?!



1 comment:

  1. First, you are absolutely not crazy for already thinking about the holidays. Second, I'm incredibly jealous that you're getting a live tree. Third, make that wreath!

    ReplyDelete