Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fashion Forward

It's a long slow day so far here in housewife land. With the laundry & dishes DONE, and floors even mopped, and dinner not for a few hours I figured I'd actually take the time to look around online at stuff and start thinking of my Fall/Winter wardrobe. The heat index at the moment is 104, so I'm not going outside anytime soon. 


My Summer 2011 wardrobe has been skirts, tanks and dresses.Many of these skirts will transition easily to Fall with the addition of tights and a long sleeve lightweight t-neck.

I have a very classic style aka, boring to some. I have my staples and LOVE them. The typical cool weather outfit for me is, Danskos, jeans and a turtleneck. No fear, my beloved Jack's are brought out anytime I can. I also have a lovely collection of my favorite and signature Ralph Lauren Oxford shirts, seriously probably have 30 that make their rounds this time of year. 


For now, let's take a look in my closet to see what will be pulled out come the Fall. 

I hate the cold, and am insane enough to actually like a SC Summer, but I will say I am very much looking forward to these...



I've  missed them soo much this Summer. I love the fact that they are black and brown, so double duty. I will probably try to get some solid black/brown ones this Fall, just cause, but I am so excited to wear them again. 


and these, 


SKINNY JEANS!! I finally gave in and got some last year and have never looked back. I know I've made it big, when I had a 16 year old tell me I looked cute. They are soo much easier with boots and I even went out on a limb and began to wear them with flats. In fact it's safe to say I miss my jeans in general and am pretty excited about getting a new pair soon. 


I actually picked up a pair of leggings last Winter and can't find them. Don't you hate that?! I am hoping I can either find them or score another pair soon. My seestor has a super cute dress from France that she got from H&M and I am dying to wear it. The only issue is, I have about 6inches on sees, and legs for miles therefore making this dress a tunic. 

and these... 


I've got a huge collection of scarves, and I'm sure this will grow this Fall/Winter. I've missed wearing them, they are so fun and an easy way to dress up anything. Not to mention keep ya warm!! I have dared to wear the "Summer" scarf a few times with tank tops or strapless dresses, but ultimately gave up on this trend because it was just one more thing to keep up with. I also don't get out enough to be trendy. 

Now the big mystery remains as if it will snow this year.. Oh we dream. In the event it does I'm hoping to get my hands, or shall I say "feet" on a pair of these by Sperry. 


Weather resistant, some traction and will keep my feet warm and dry. I would love a pair of these for the rain too.

I also really love a good peacoat. Cute and classy!! This year I'm hoping to grab a navy blue one, or a camel colored one. 



So while I am dreading the drop in temperatures, it will be nice to have a change of pace with the wardrobe. I also seem to have a bit more of a social life during cooler weather and this year I am committed to putting 110% into my look. I've been far too slack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment