Sunday, July 31, 2011

It was another HOT Saturday here. So this is how we spent our day.

Mr. P slept in, in fact.. famous last words of him this morning as I was making my departure were, "sleeping in is so amazing." Hah, infact it is ain't it? He gets up at 6 every morning and is gone by 7, so sleeping in is really anything past 8. I on the other hand, rarely am up before 8 and not even functioning til at least 10 and a cup of coffee.

I joined a friend for breakfast at a new spot. It was new to us, but has been around for a good little while. I liked the atmosphere and of course the company, but I think we were both thrown by the moderately unconventional seating as well as serve yourself coffee bar... I should have brought a camera to grab a picture, but just so you get the full effect we probably looked as dumb as this paragraph sounds. However, we made it and I really enjoyed the time catching up with her. We of course looked like two sore thumbs in this joint. Notice I used the word to joint to describe it.. I was wearing my signature Jack Rogers, white linen pants, and pink Polo, and Maggie in a darling black shift. Do we sound like we belong in in any joint to you?? I didn't think so. So here's my mission for the week, find another hole in the wall yet functioning place for Saturday morning breakfasts for two.

Anyways, the afternoon is brought us more "new to us" stuff. We had our friends J&E along with their precious baby girl join us at the lake. A few weeks ago when I mentioned to J, we had a boat, and LOVED going out at sunset for a cruise and dinner she immediately lit up. So we finally got our junk together and made it work. It was hot, so mid boat cruise we ended up in the water for a good long soak. After that, we had a short ride to the marina for dinner and listened to the live band. It was miserably hot, but fun. I hope we get to this a few more times this Summer. It's really probably my favorite thing to do. As we were leaving the sun had begin to set and temps had taken a dive and we just enjoyed the short ride back. I only wish we would have planned to see the Purple Martin's coming in at Bomb Island. It's truly a beautiful site to be surrounded by thousands of birds.

That was our Saturday, we won't be returning to the lake in the morning but instead taking care of the chores around here and getting some groceries. I still have yet to pick up this couponing thing, but with some new printer cartridges I think I just might be able to make it work. Some of our neighbors blessed us with a good gallon jug of BBQ sauce, so I will probably attempt to get creative with that later on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment