So here's a quick update on what the Perrys did this weekend.
Friday, I was off and got to spend a wonderful day with my seestor, my French seestor, and a friend of theirs at the mall. It was a total throwback to middle school, and I was definitiely channeling Rebecca Bloomwood ala Confessions of a Shopaholic. If we haven't discussed this before, that movie literally, speaks.to.my.soul. Anyways, after being there literally all day I returned home to my wonderful husband who was just getting home from work and setting up his new toy. With the departure of 1/2 of our children we now have a spare room at the house, which has been turned into a "man cave". I hate that word. I feel like it's over used and every man now has to have a "man cave". When in fact, it doesn't resemble a cave, or scream MAN. So far ours is just a room with powder blue walls, a couch, a big screen and a set of drawers. We shared a fast hour together before I was off again with my inlaws. This time it was to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. I genuinely loved it and even was a little sad knowing that this was the LAST HP movie ever. That book has certainly shaped a generation (or two). I was late getting home, so I settled into bed rather fast because Saturday I knew would be a busy day.
Mr. P of course was up before sun on Saturday as he has been this Summer in hopes of catching the big one. He just adores fishing, but can't ever seem to catch anything more than a catfish. I joined him later on that morning and just before lunch we had a few more friends come up (ok so they were our family) but still. It was such a nice change of pace to have our families there and no friends. I love all of our friends, but in 7 years our families have had zero time together. So this was a special day for both of us. It was a hot one so I was in the water pretty much the entire time we weren't out on the boat. We dropped my sister back off at the dock to get the grill ready, and then Mr. P took us out tubing.
photos courtesy of my favorite MIL.
We took our French friends tubing for the first time and they really enjoyed it. I had so much fun sharing this day with them, and of course my seestor. Sadly, after tubing I had to get back to the trailer shower up (not as fun as it sounds) and head to work. Later on that evening we reconvened back at our house to just chill. The boys sat upstairs and played COD (Call of Duty for you non-gamers) and us girls hung out and took a trip to Sonic. Once everyone left Mr. P and I settled in to watch Pretty Woman and called it a night.
Sunday for us was low key. I worked, so that meant Mr. P was in charge of himself for the day. His chores were the dump and grocery shopping. He was able to tackle them both and I'm so proud. Of course he could have bought a few more groceries for the week, but I won't complain tooo much. I came home to a quiet house with dinner cooked and spent the rest of the night in front of the tv/computer.
And as exciting as that was, that's it. I'm using today to catch up on cleaning, and laundry. It's been a busy few weeks around here, so there's a good bit that has gotten neglected. Crazy, but it does feel kinda nice to be back doing this stuff. I have missed it. Nothing else crazy planned for the rest of the week, so I'll probably just wait til something exciting happens to post.


No comments:
Post a Comment