A few weeks ago on a day off I got a chance to hang out with my dad for the day. My father is only the craziest man I ever met, and when they say you marry your father.. well my husband is living proof. Those two are EXACTLY alike. Good thing I love them both dearly. My dad and I have always been close, but now that I'm married and living almost an hour away we don't have the time together like we used to. So any chance I get to spend a day back home I usually take advantage of it.
Anyways, blueberries are in season here and my dad wanted to go pick some. I love this kinda stuff so of course I said yes. This kinda stuff being, picking things, adventures, and fresh fruit. Of course no where within a 15 mile or even 20 mile radius would do. We set our sites on a small town almost 2 hrs south of here. Life's about the journey, not the destination right?!
I cleverly hung the camera from a branch and set the self-timer for this shot.
When picking blueberries you attach a strap to the bucket then wrap it around your neck so you have both hands free for picking.
Once we got our berries (two gallons) I was dying to pick some peaches. When we got off the interstate I kept seeing a sign advertising pick your own peaches which intrigued me, I'd never picked a peach before! Luckily when we got to the blueberry patch, it was also the peach orchard we had seen signs for and my peach picking dreams became a reality. The peaches were small (still early in the season and no rain) but good. It was a long day of traveling but definitely one for the books.
I came home washed and froze the blueberries and the peaches. I'll snack on the blueberries, and save the peaches for something special. Sadly Mr. P doesn't like either of the fruits so anything I make them would be wasted otherwise they would have become something wonderful. The frozen fruit comes in handy for slushes and smoothies on hot days.
Anyways, it's Friday and I'm OFF. SO far this morning I've made some coffee and started a load of clothes and emptied the dishwasher. Nothing major on the horizon for the weekend except work. Happy Friday to you all!
I came home washed and froze the blueberries and the peaches. I'll snack on the blueberries, and save the peaches for something special. Sadly Mr. P doesn't like either of the fruits so anything I make them would be wasted otherwise they would have become something wonderful. The frozen fruit comes in handy for slushes and smoothies on hot days.
Anyways, it's Friday and I'm OFF. SO far this morning I've made some coffee and started a load of clothes and emptied the dishwasher. Nothing major on the horizon for the weekend except work. Happy Friday to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment