Thursday, July 28, 2011

national lasanga day and a sad goodbye

Two things for today..


It was National Lasagna Day!!

In honor of it, Casey, Jeani Rae and Christine came over for dinner and we had .. you guessed it.. lasagna. Last year I made a lovely veggie one that Casey and I shared. We grabbed our recipie this year from Paula Deen. See it here, Lots O'Meat Lasanga. We had so much fun making it, and have enough leftovers for the next ten years. The recipie as you will see says, serves 4, so we doubled it planning for six people total (thinking it would serve 8) and ended up with two big pans. I'm already looking forward to next year.

.. you also got FREE tea at McAlister's Deli. I took advantage of that while I was at the mall today:)


We also said goodbye to our French exchange students tonight. Tomorrow they head to Atlanta and then back home on Saturday. We've had a fabulous 3 weeks with them here and I am truly sad to see them go. I've had not one, but two seestors this month and that has been such a treat.



It's another quiet weekend around here. Insanely hot as usual. So I'm not to sure about the lake and what not. I just want to stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment