It's late. .in fact I shouldn't even be able to write this but I want to get it down before I forget about it. Tomorrow I know I'll regret it when I wake up exhausted.
I by some miracle of God got today off, I know yes a Saturday without even asking!! A holiday one at that.. So here were are at 2 am on Sunday July 3 sitting in bed recounting the past .. 12 hrs and thinking what the heck just happened.
Well we woke up yesterday as any normal Saturday has played out since it got warm. Wake up, pack up, LAKE UP!! I actually got to join them today and was sooo looking forward to it. I can count on one hand the Saturdays I've had off this Summer. They are few and far between. After a few stops for bait, gas, and some food we make it to my little piece of paradise. Or I guess I should say "our" little piece of paradise since we are married now, and the reality of it is he's been there more than I have this Summer.
We had a great day of all your typical lake activities. Water, water, and more water. I really LOVE the water, especially lake water. Tonight was the big fireworks display so just before dark we headed out to secure our spot to see them, on the way picking up a few extra friends of ours from a party across the lake. The fireworks were amazing and the company even better. On the way back we got a little turned around coming back but once Mr. P realized that I was right and we indeed had our GPS with us, we got back on course and found ourselves back to the dock in no time.
I sadly have to work in a few hours so am ending this here, but will hopefully be back up and at it Monday to celebrate the 4th of July with everyone again.
No comments:
Post a Comment