Ahh! So I completely missed the boat on blogging last week.
It was a busy week, with five full days of teaching for me. I got to sub in various classes at the high school, and really enjoyed the experience. The week got kicked off last Monday morning at 5:30 am with a call from the automated system notifying me of the job, which I glady accepted. It took a little rearranging to get there and back, but we figured it out.
On another WONDERFUL note, my car got fixed last Monday too. With the exception of the fuel gage (it's reading full) I'm back up and running. SO GLAD!! Because, I was able to lock down the rest of the week working.
Thursday night seestor and I had a date with another set of great sisters. We surprised our littles with dinner at McAlister's and then LionKing in 3D. So much fun to get out on a weeknight and socialize. I have a handful of good friends here in Lexington, but I'm still very much settling in and trying to develop those friendships like I had back on my parents side of town.
Friday got here all to fast, but was very much welcomed after a full week in the classroom.
Saturday we had a full day at home. After a late big breakfast at IHOP with a sweet neighbor, Mr. P, our friend Stephen, roomie Nate, and I got to work hard core in the back yard. It took several hours and lots of power tools, but we finally were able to deconstruct the massive jungle we had growing back there. Seriously, think... 3 years of no landscaping whatsoever. Anyways, last night we were able to sit out on the back deck around a lovely fire and enjoy some s'mores and the fruits of our labor. I made a big pot of chilli for dinner which was a perfect meal for the first chilly night of Fall.
Our Sunday went off as usual, church, lunch, home. At the moment I have two days of subbing this week at the high school scheduled, and hoping to fill up the rest of the days as well. We shall see, and I hope to do a better job at blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment