I'm watching Travel Channel today and hanging out around the house taking care of week old chores. Truthfully I thought I would for sure sleep til noon before waking up to be lazy today if I didn't get a call to sub. I didn't get a call to sub today, but I did wakeup at 8, and just couldn't go back to sleep. The fact is though, I really missed my quiet days at home.
Anyways, this post is all things bacon (if the title didn't give it away). It seems as if the breakfast meat loved by so many has now become this phenom where we're putting it in donuts, burgers, ice cream.. you name it. The truth of the matter is.. I don't even remember when the last time I had bacon was!! Well I do since it came on my sandwich at breakfast this morning, but otherwise sausage links are my breakfast meat of choice. Don't get me wrong I do love bacon, especially think Hormel Black Label bacon like my dad buys, but Mr. P refuses to buy bacon, so we don't. I also love baked bacon, one day when I need bacon I will attempt that.
Check this site out.. http://www.baconfreak.com/ for some lovely bacon inspired items.
After some quick research I've determined you can get bacon everything.. coffee, chocolate, hot sauce, bacon in pancakes, candy bars.
This one struck my interest.. spreadable bacon.
and if you're looking to class it up a notch. They have some great wine and bacon pairing packages.
Onto our next bacon site.. www.iheartbacon.com a blog with all things bacon posted. Recipes and other stuff that has to do with the beloved breakfast meat. It's got small print, and odd colors so I didn't spend too much time checking it out.
Then we have bacontoday.com. Daily News on the World of Bacon. Did you know that September 3rd was International Bacon Day?! I tell you bacon has consumed our lives. This site has some slighty more creative ideas for your bacon pleasure, a bacon soup bowl perhaps?!
The bacon sites and ideas go on and on. And we wonder why America is dealing with this obesity epidemic?!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment