We had another great week here in Perryland despite it being overcast and rainy most of the week. I got to share a lot of special moments with some great friends and family members. I could not be more blessed!
Schools were only open 4 days with week due to Columbus Day on Monday, the SC State Fair also arrived in town this past Wed. So it seems as if with all this Fall is here in full swing. I got to sub in elementary school again, and in middle school for the first time this week. I enjoyed the experience but am looking forward to getting back to my highschoolers again on Monday! Middle school however provided lots of break time which I spent reading. I am such a fan of teachers who have books in their classes still, it made it so much easier to get through the day. On the upswing, I did get requested by teachers to sub this coming week. Glad to know my name is getting out there and the work is coming.
We've switched to the Fall scents here at the house too, lots of cinnamon, cloves and that sort of thing. I also got a new Pumpkin Spice creamer to go with my coffee. Mmmmm, delicious.
Thanks to some great neighbors we now a pumpkin and two beautiful mums on our front porch. Now all I need is a great wreath for the front door to get us til Christmas time. Then the massive task of decorating a house for Christmas with NOTHING to start with.
Thursday my best friend visited us for the night from NC. We usually see each other 1-2 times a year, and the last time we got to visit was the wedding. With all the craziness around here lately I truly appreciated this girl time. LOTS LOTS LOTS of laughs and yummy treats. She also got us one last addition to our kitchen. I'm daring to say it's complete now.. we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a waffle maker. The Cuisinart Classic to be exact, as if I would get another brand!? I used it this morning and am so glad we've got it. I made a little too much batter, so it's being stored in my small Pampered Chef batter bowl (love it) and I can make them easily as the week progresses. It was such a special visit and I can't wait til I can return the favor and make one up there to see her soon. I hate that we live three hours away.
I think that's it for now. There is some beautiful weather here this weekend so I'm dying to do something fun with the days ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment