Friday, October 21, 2011

bedding overhaul

I have a serious problem with the way I want to switch my bedding. I guess it's just my indecisiveness in general and the fact that I get bored easily.

Our home at the moment is covered in darks, reds, browns, khakis, blues. All great colors, but they are just so bold and masculine I'm ready for a change. Yes I know we've barely had the new bedding on our new bed six months, but it's too.. matchy for me. The same pattern is on the bed spread, shames and everything else. Too much print for what I want right now.

We're also starting to discuss painting some rooms, the entire house for the most part is one dark khaki color. We have hopes of lightening up the bedrooms a good bit, and probably the downstairs too. But for now we'll stick with the bedrooms for this post. I'm super excited about finally starting to put some of our taste into the house, so it will finally feel like a home.


For our room, I want.. solid white linens. Crazy you might think, but I almost always had a solid white down comforter on my bed at my parents house. I think solid white is refreshing and clean. Two things I love. It's also easily washed (we're going for cotton or something else simple) and I can change out the throw pillows seasonally and it makes bringing the furniture in the rest of the room together so much easier. I can also throw in a monogram or two pretty easily, and color sheets look so bold against white back drop.


I like this photo because it shows off a dark headboard like we hope to build soon, and two simple lamps like we already have. I probably would have some more pillow though, I love fluffy bedding. My parents still have tons and tons of old quilts and afghans from my grandmother that would bring some history and some color into this as well. Our house is still so boxy and boyish that it needs a taste of family desperately.

For our future guest room I want some more color but not the bold brash ones we have now. Purple is my favorite color and we have none of it in the house. So that's an option. I've also notice cool greys, yellows and burlap trending as well. I also have a 200 year old wrought iron bed at my parent's house still that I want to bring in the house.


Until we get that bed brought over the upcycled barn would I think would look great.


I love the gathered purple comforter, and check out that chandelier.


One final photo so you get the idea. 



Maybe soon we'll add these to our collection here at home, or maybe Santa will just bring them. Either way I would love to crawl up in any of them for a nice nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment