Monday, September 19, 2011

a little baking experiment.

I spend a good bit of time these days on pinterest.com. It's a neat little site that lets you "pin" your interests on to various boards, and follow others. Pretty catchy once I got the hang of it.  Lots of great recipes and holiday ideas that I can't wait to try out. If I could cook or bake for a living I would.

Anyways, I came across this recipie/idea a few weeks ago and have been really wanting to give it a go.

It was called, Pumpkin Muffins, but really to me is more like a cupcake.


Those are your two ingredients, and you just mix them and bake!
350 for 20-30 minutes. 


I adjusted mine somewhat and used chocolate cake mix instead. Soo moist and delicious. I also mixed up a batch of cream cheese icing and that really put them over the top. I was banking on the pumpkin throwing off Mr. P, but turns out he loves them too. I will say the batter was a little heavy, which made it hard to put into the cupcake papers, but not to bad that I wouldn't do this again. I was actually thrown off because Publix was OUT of canned pumpkin. Never fear though, across the street at the Pig they had it. We actually used Libby's  Pumpkin Pie filling instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment