It has been one long day.
My wake up call generally is about 5:30 am each morning when the alarm goes off for Mr. P. This means, at least 30 minutes of poking and prodding for him to wake up, shower, and get out the door to work. As fast as I can I'm back asleep soundly in the middle of our bed. Getting a king size bed was the best thing we did for our marriage. Space, space, space.
Today however, I got another call.. about 7:20 to be exact. I've been on the sublist most of the school year now and finally got a chance to go in and work today. I was beyond excited for the job, not to mention a tad bit nervous. It was third grade, and just my luck my wonderful neighbor was off today and gladly let me use her car to make the trip. It was a little stressful, but otherwise great. I am hoping to get another call very soon. So glad my teacher pants still fit and I still have somewhat of my teacher touch. A few more jobs and I'm sure I'll be a pro and one step closer to a full time job in a classroom. I find it beyond my wildest imagination that I'm even considering that.
Jeremiah 33:3 written all over it.
I was particularly excited for today though because Christine was coming to visit. So after a quick nap I made dinner for us. Green beans, scalloped potatoes, and BBQ chicken. The chicken was on sale this week at the grocery store which made me EXTRA excited. I am trying to get my coupons organized and stock piled so I can start taking better advantage of those deals.
Anyways, our mission for the night was to create this.. Again another pinterest.com finding.
Directions for it are here... http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/05/how-to_one-shoulder_ruffle_shi.html
It turned out really cute. It will take a few attempts with different fitting shirts to get the right look, but it's definitely very easy. WalMart of all places had NOTHING to choose from, so I ended up with a men's small tee shirt. I will advise, you cut the ruffle from the bottom of the shirt, make sure you get a long one. I also used the sleeve from the open shoulder to make my ruffle extra ruffley, and then I decided that the man sleeve was too long/big, so we took that out all together. Christine suggested a possible tee shirt dress. Leggins, a belt and some flats and I think we might be in business.
Anyways, for future crafting I'm hoping I can find an easy Christmas stocking pattern. I'll be needing two of those this year, and am desperately ready to get our couch and chair downstairs in a more presentable state ASAP.
Happy Friday everyone!! Tomorrow I'm tackling mac n cheese in the crock pot.

No comments:
Post a Comment