So as it seems there are 4 un published blog posts in the folder on here.
(and even then this post sat in the drafts box for days.. ) Yet at the very last minute before our dinner plans, I'm scurrying to write it.
I don't know what it was .. lack of motivation to write, lack of topics to write on, frustration.. who knows. The wandering mind.. maybe.
Anyways, I'll do my best to pile them into one semi decent post. Motivation being, I have a real one coming!
Starting with the most recent..
NEW YEARS EVE!!
We had a great dinner at the inlaws and hung out there til just about 1 am. One of our main focuses for the new year I think is really going to be our family. As we've both learned friends come and go, but family is forever. Being married the past almost 10 months has just further proved this point. We do have some great friends though. But its our family who has really shown us support and loved us this year. I am happy to think back about all the ways we've grown closer. Not to mention we are both soo thankful for all the ways our families have been there for us each seperately, and together as a married couple. Today we've just sat around (slept til 1), hit the gym, and now about to head out to another great dinner with the family.
CHRISTMAS!!
All I can say is.. thank goodness it's over, and we're never doing that again. This was our first year at blending things and well with T-giving as our trial run we thought we had mapped out an even schedule of family time. What that left us with was early wake ups, late nights, lots of driving and no time to ourselves. Not even a photo to recollect with next year.
But.. we did have fun, get more than we ever could have needed/wanted and most importantly just LOVED the fact that we had Christmas Eve together.. the whole thing!! That in itself was a landmark for us. Something we've looked forward to for almost 8 years.
the in between..
Our friends Ben and Brittany were in town for the holidays and we got to have them over this past week for dinner. Our meal was inspired by the book/film the Help. I sucessfully fried chicken, along with mashed potatoes, butter beans, and gravy. We had biscuits but they burned!! Whoops. Like Minnie said in the movie, "frying chicken just makes you feel good." and so it did! I will say it took a good bit longer than I thought, but it also made me realize just how easy it was, and how much better it tasted than KFC. Completely unhealthy but soo delicious, and not at all expensive. So I can see it being a future meal in our home. I also love annny chance to use my iron skillet, it's over a hundred years old and a family heir loom.
the leading up to Christmas
We had a quiet few weeks leading up to Christmas, our tree stayed up, and I even put up that 2nd one to hold the more delicate ornaments. I got to take a short trip up to NC to spend the night with ny best friend. Between her visit a few months ago and this one, it's a record for us. I hope to see her again very very soon. We also got together with a few other old friends throughout the holiday season.
Anyways, for everyone that I didn't see, I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, and have a wonderful 2012. I'll be back soon with a real update I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment