Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Considering it's been a good 2 weeks or more I'd say it's time for a post.

Rewind to the last post, and we've since celebrated Thanksgiving, and gotten a jump on Christmas!

Thanksgiving morning we had a big breakfast here at the house before all splitting up our separate ways for various festivities. Mr. P and I took a trip to his grandmother's house for lunch, and I stayed the night to do some Black Friday shopping in Charlotte. We dared attempt WalMart at 10pm, and nearly got trampled in the masses for a few 5$ DVDs. Back at home the next evening my dear father turned 70! We had dinner at Longhorn's (his favorite) and then came back here (the Perry Estate) to hang out. My sister joined us for the night (always a treat) and we had some fun just hanging out. Saturday our little family went to Harmon Tree Farm where Paul and I cut down our very first Christmas tree!! Something I've had my heart set on for months now. I had done it several times before with my parents, but Paul never had. My sister documented the whole thing on her camera, which later became our very first Christmas photo. I am soo happy we have this memory together, I'd love to make it a tradition, cutting down our tree each year, we'll see.

Our tree however, wasn't up a week before it was looking like this..


That's right folks, it toppled over. Come to find out, it's VERY lopsided. This has caused us to rethink the "cut it down" approach. The Frasier Firs seem much more symmetrical. However,  we still love it, it's massive and the only first Christmas, Christmas tree we will have. Thankfully we both agree on massive trees so something smaller was not an option! 

Anyways.. Thanksgiving weekend also brought us a W for USC, they beat Clemson the 3rd year in a  row. Which hasn't happened since the 70's. We're thrilled!! I got to put the USC ornament on top of the inlaws Christmas tree last weekend. Another tradition of the holiday season! However, we all know now that Clemson pulled out the ACC Championship last weekend in Charlotte. Pretty neat! 

Since then it's been pretty much a Christmas palooza. We put our tree back up, and I even dragged out an old fake one. We had a few ornaments break, and several others that just didn't fit the theme of our live tree, so I decided to put up a second one. A sturdy one that I know won't tip  and the ornaments won't fall off of. 

Here's the final product!


I still need a topper and tree skirt for the live tree.

Here's the beauty up close!!


It's blue, silver, and purple with some silver and blue ribbons. I also inherited some silver swirly picks from the mother in law and stabbed those in there too. I really do like the way it turned out. I just hope I like it enough to use this color scheme a few years to come, decorating isn't cheap.

We also spent a day with the inlaws (his parents) decorating their house and tree. Tree day over there has always been one of my favorite traditions with them, seriously it's an event that lasts the entire day, but at the end it's soo worth it.


In other non seasonal news, the weather in SC is crazy, school is keeping me rather busy, I finally upgraded my phone, and on Sunday I'm traveling to NC to visit my best friend. Oh, did I mention the Sunday after Thanksgiving I had a guest! My best friend since high school (Jessica) surprised me. She's been living in Florida for almost 4 years now, and managed to sneak up here to see us for the weekend. It was so special and so sweet, but too too short. I cannot wait for her to get back up here at Christmas and spend some real quality time with her.

I guess that's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment