Wednesday, November 9, 2011

life update

It's been a crazy few weeks here at Casa de Perry.

I'm working like a maniac in the schools, and learning to love it. Which may might just mean I'm learning to love teaching. We'll see, don't hold your breath though. I love the flexibility I have to pick which dates I work, and where I work at. I'm home by 4 which these days means, just enough time for a nap before dinner, and a load of laundry. Crazy to admit, that I wish I had more hours in a day to keep the house clean. I am becoming quite the little housewife.

We had a festive Halloween. I swear NOTHING comes close to any holiday in the HG, but this year was pretty neat. We didn't decorate (minus our pumpkin, which didn't get carved) and didn't pass out candy. Instead I got a small bag of treats for my neighbors and took the girls who live on our street trick or treating. I think they loved not having to walk around with mom. I think the mom's themselves loved it too. After that I headed to a small Halloween party at a family friend's house and enjoyed catching up with lots of fun people! I will say there is slightly more of a social scene here in L-town as opposed to Columbia.

This past week I've started to really get thinking about some upcoming events this month. Thanksgiving, Taylor Swift in a few weeks as well as a handful of birthdays and then.. Christmas! I am for once excited about the holidays this year. I know it will be a wonderful season of firsts for Mr. P and I, and I want to make sure to savor every second of them.

More recently this past weekend we took family photos and attended a family member's wedding. I LOVE how our photos turned out. We attemped to make it a USC/Clemson photo as we are the family divided. It was the first time all six of us kiddos were together in a lonnnnnnnnnng time. We seriously could not stop laughing being our goofy selves during the picture taking that we were asked to leave the room. God blessed me with three amazing brothers and a sweet little sister through marriage and I couldn't be more thankful. I think that's what every parent's goal in life is, is to see their children happy being around each other. Later on that day we had a wedding to go to. My 2nd since our big day,  but the first Mr. P and I got to attend together. It was beautiful, and being on the other side now a wonderful reminder to hear those vows read again.

I think I covered about all the bases here. Two more days til the weekend!!  Lucky for me I only am teaching half days both of those days so I can get a few errands and chores done.

No comments:

Post a Comment