Monday, November 14, 2011

I actually have some photos and a blog waiting to be written but for now I'll just update you on my Monday!


I taught elementary school today.. third grade to be exact, and ya know I didn't totally hate it. Subbing in elementary schools always has been something I've never been 100% excited about. Yes I do realize this is what I spent four years learning how to do in college. My days there just weren't as easy as they were with my older kids. But... it's the holidays and I had a hair appointment, so I was determined to work as many days as I could. Even if that meant ..elementary school. Don't get me wrong, the kids are wonderful, and I love that after being there 10 minutes I'm already their bff. However, it can get veryyyy taxing with the constant questions and what not. It's also always something brand new. Each elementary teacher has their own way of doing things, and I never can quite get in the groove at the school.Very confusing at times. Sooo many behavior plans, seating charts, lesson plans or lack there of at times...were my elementary teachers like this and I just didn't realize it? One thing I do love however is that I actually get to teach. From taking attendance to lunch count and read alouds, I just adore being in command of a classroom. It's a pretty magical/powerful feeling to have 19 something young minds at your fingertips.

Anyways, back in June I became.. "chemically dependant", my hair stylist's nice way of saying you're stuck with me. I got a major chop off and some highlights. The highlights were brand new to me. Hard to imagine at 25 years old I had never had my hair professionally done. It just never really crossed my mind honestly.  I've had a trim since then, but today I finally went in to get the roots touched up. I'm honestly amazed at how long they lasted, and it even still didn't look that bad. We decided to definitely keep it short with LOTS of layers, in fact the shorter the better. If it grows out it just ends up in a pony tail and then has the potential to become ungodly long as it was before. We also took it up a notch with the color, a lovely blend of two shades of blonde, and normal blonde and blonde blonde. Instead of just my test run with the highlights as before they are covering my head.

You will see exhibit A below. It will take a little adjusting too, and some playing around with to get the right look, and also make up, but I think I like it! Now I'll really get to see if blondes have more fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment