Monday, April 11, 2011

OK! So I know I'm really slack at blogging. Crazy how you plan to do something and then well.. it just doesn't get done.

Anyways, we're begining our 4th week of marriage this week, and all I can is.. Where did this past month go? Last week I was finally able to make some headway on the enormous pile of exchanges and returns. I'm convinced Belk didn't update their registry because I ended up with sooo many duplicates it's insane. Thankfully I had a nice lady help me twice and she made the whole process very easy. The other unfortunate part of that is I was lacking several gift receipts, which almost lead me to keeping all those duplicates. To say she was nice, is an understatement, she saved me from this madness.

Which leads on to some other big news around there..  all that exchanging turned into two very nice gifts for me, some more serving pieces of our china and some gift cards that will be used at a later date. I was able to get this...


a want of mine since I first laid eyes on one years and years ago. I have a sentimental attachment to the original we have at my parents house, and knew my kitchen wouldn't be complete without it. It's precious beyond words. 

The other "big" gift to self was also for the kitchen.


another staple from the parent's kitchen. The only thing I really know how to make with it is chicken salad, but I'm sure as these years go by I'll find other stuff. I just feel like our kitchen is coming together with all these appliances. 

Now all that's left on that wish list is a cabinet mount toaster over. Never realized how much I did use ours til I didn't have one here at home. 

In other news around our home. I'm taking up EXTREME COUPONING. Ever since moving out I knew budgeting would be an issue and a must. So one area that I know can be a huge loss of money for families is in their groceries. I made some small victories today at the store, and am excited to see what the future can do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment