It's been around for ages.. and every now and then I check back to see what her QOD (quote of the day) is.
I just happened to check it tonight before turning things off and read this one from today. In some ways I felt like this was God speaking me. I've been battling with so much self doubt and self worth issues lately. The never ending battle of interviews and job searching combined with a struggle to define who is and is not worth my time and effort. It's wearing me thing.
On to bigger things though. I should worry about the rejection and insecurities that haunt me daily. My life is perfectly planned out by the One who created me. The one who loves me more than the stars. So here's my lil reminder that nothing else matters in this world except that.
You don’t need anyone’s affection or approval in order to be good enough. When someone rejects or abandons or judges you, it isn’t actually about you. It’s about them and their own insecurities, limitations, and needs, and you don’t have to internalize that. Your worth isn’t contingent upon other people’s acceptance of you — it’s something inherent. You exist, and therefore, you matter. You’re allowed to voice your thoughts and feelings. You’re allowed to assert your needs and take up space. You’re allowed to hold onto the truth that who you are is exactly enough. And you’re allowed to remove anyone from your life who makes you feel otherwise.
-Daniell Koepk
-Daniell Koepk
No comments:
Post a Comment