Sunday, November 10, 2013

Tomorrow is November 1st, there's 61 days left in 2013, crazy.
It's the start of a mad rush of birthdays, holidays, parties, games, traditions.. the list goes on.
I'm excited for all it brings, and for some reason. I even have just a hint a smidge of holiday cheer. I'm ready for Christmas card photos, and tree cutting and wonderful memories created around family traditions, I'm ready for new traditions to begin. I'm ready for Thanksgiving, I'm ready just to enjoy life. I'm ready to sleep in!!  Since my birthday (and all year long) really I've tried to say NO more and YES more. Yes to the things that I know I'll regret missing, and no those things/people that get me down. On top of that I'm going to be an aunt before the month is over.  
 a
It's been a long year full of uphill battles, changes and the kinds of surprises you're not so excited to get (like paying the IRS and car repairs). Adulthood has sunked in, in full force this year. I've become that "adult child" more so than ever I think. Our parents have looked to us for advice and support this year and we've been eagerly there to give it. I'm a little proud of myself. No wait, I'm a lot proud of myself.
My goal for the next 61 days is gratitude and grace. To enjoy my family, enjoy my friends, and savor each second that I have. To listen to what God has to say and take a moment to really see what work HE is doing in my life. To say thank you and give myself a little wiggle room to not be everywhere all the time. To instagram more and enjoy one too many cockatails on special occasions. I completely sucked at seeing my friends out of town and my "Summer Bucket List" so I wont even bother with a Fall/Winter one. I'm just going to take life as it comes.  After last weekend in Charleston I know I am more than in need of a slow down. I need a flat stop where I am at. God will provide as he always has, and this year has been a lot of just letting it go and giving it COMPLETELY to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment