Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm not Falling for it.

Fall that is.

I mean, it's SC, we're still in the mid eighties most days and even though it's now officially FALL I'm stuck in a post Summer rut.

The rut where you don't know what to wear in the mornings.
The rut where it really is too warm for "Fall" clothing but I wouldn't be caught dead in shorts.
The one where you'd love to put up something orange but the leaves outside are still all green.
The rut when the water's a lil too cold to swim in.
The rut where the idea of PSL latte makes me scream but I'm already thinking Christmas cards and gifts.
(disclaimer, I don't really like them.. the iced ones are okay, but not my thing)


Alas, the days are getting shorter, the temperatures have dropped, and it is football season. It's starting to show up slowly and eventually I'll jump on the bandwagon. In fact tonight I was just thinking I'll have a fire on the porch soon.

I'm looking forward to the surplus of family time to come, a weekend in Charleston and whatever other surprises head our way.

Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment