Sunday, September 22, 2013

So, it's Sunday night and I just finished dinner. I'm settling in to watch the Emmy's and just HAD to share this recipe with you folks.

We're always struggling around here to NOT COOK CHICKEN! It's Mr. P's favorite so many many many nights a week we eat chicken. In fact, there's a rotation of about five meals we use each week. Lately though they have just been so maddening to cook. I hate it!

A few weeks ago though I was reading the latest issue of Food Network magazine and came across a Smoked Sausage Alfredo recipe. At first I was like.. hmmm. Then after reading how EASY it was and saw how CHEAP it sounded I figured it was at least worth a shot.

I picked up the necessary ingredients tonight at Publix and came home and got to work. Points for using two dishes to make this. One for the pasta, then one to brown the sausage and create the sauce in. I added peas to give it a little more substance, but any veggies you pick would go amazing. I used a pre-mixed blackening spice I had on hand to sub for the Cajun seasoning.

picstitch.jpg


The magazine shot is on the left and mine on the right. Pretty spot on. I could have used a skillet which I probably will next time, I just had that frying pan handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment