Less..
I learned quickly in 2014, how much I have.. too much. So as I started thinking about a "resolution" for 2015, I had the crazy idea that I wouldn't buy anything. I did it for Lent a few years ago, and figured why not take it up a notch. So here we go, 24 days in and I'm doing great.
My big goals are no clothes, shoes, accessories. At this point I have 3 full closets and a chest of drawers overflowing with stuff. Stuff I never wear more than once a year I figure. Each month, I'm making it a priority to sell, donate or trash stuff once a month for 12 months. At the end of the year I only want one closet and maybe keep the seasonal stuff in the guest room, then switch out every few months.
I also don't want to bring any more "stuff" into the house. It seems like since we got married 4 years ago I've been in a rat race to design and decorate and make this house something out of a Southern Living Magazine hoarding any piece of something that might do the trick. Newsflash, it doesn't work and this hasn't happened. For example this morning I found a box of 20 frames that once cluttered the shelves here at home, I took them down because husband and I don't agree on the overload of photos in the house and then I had a stroke of crazy and decided since my frames didn't match I didn't want them out. Anyways, for 2 years (at least) they sat in a closet, so today I took the pictures out and posted them for sale on a local site. We will see how that works out.
I know I have to buy groceries, and gas and the occasional gift, but my goal for those is to minimize where at all possible. Cut out those "I have to have that splurges" , the pantry and freezer are both full for the next lifetime so I'm spending this month and some of next just using up that.
So join me on my journey of less, hoping to find a little "more" in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment